|Teacher – Prep Department KS2
|Broughton Manor Preparatory School, Newport Road, Broughton, MK10 9AA
|Hours of work
|Full time Monday to Friday
term time plus 5 days
|Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
|Purpose of Post
|The KS2 teacher will assist managers and colleagues in offering and maintaining excellent quality teaching in the provision of the KS2 curriculum, according to the teaching standards of Broughton Manor Preparatory School and Nursery.
|Head of Prep
|Promoting and maintaining high standards of safeguarding, education, wellbeing and health and safety standards for all children, at all times.
Leading pupils by excellent example at all times
- To deliver a broad and balanced curriculum for all pupils, giving consideration to individual needs and talents
- To plan, deliver and evaluate age appropriate lessons according to the school’s curriculum policy and teaching expectations
- To raise standards in academic attainment and to encourage children to foster a love of learning
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children, ensuring school policies and procedures are observed at all times.
- To provide a safe, happy, bright and interesting learning environment for teaching and learning to enable excellent progress for all children.
- To build excellent working relationships with parents, colleagues and senior leaders.
- To fulfil duties and clubs as required
- To maintain a safe and stimulating environment appropriate to the age of the children
- Engage learners and facilitate each child to reach their individual potential
- To attend meetings and training sessions as required
- To be proactive in designing, producing and maintaining wall displays and a stimulating learning environment
- To assess individual progress and attainment and report to parents when required
- To be sympathetic to the customs, values and beliefs of every child
- To develop your role within the wider team, communicating regularly and respectfully with all staff to ensure a high level of collaboration.
- To be responsible for career self-development and professional training
- To keep up to date Paediatric First Aid training
- To attend personal development training sessions, open days, staff meetings and parents meetings when arranged (these may be unpaid and in personal time)
- To be aware of the high profile of the school and nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, whilst in work, and outside of work, including on social media.